Job Title: Page
Reports To: Material Services Manager
Approved Date: 08-Jul-13 Revised
Under the direction of the Material Services Manager, support the overall mission of the library by maintaining the collection and providing materials to customers in accordance to the library's lending policies.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Maintain the circulation flow of library materials by performing check-in, alphabetizing, sorting, shelving and straightening procedures.
2. Collect and reshelve materials from the building’s public areas.
3. Utilize the library's computer technologies as needed.
4. Direct customers appropriately for service.
5. Ensure all policies of the Barrington Area Library are followed.
6. Serve on planning committees and outreach activities as requested.
7. Attend library meetings as requested by management.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
1. General understanding of library services or other customer driven environment.
2. Ability to work in a public environment.
3. Acceptable knowledge of technical equipment used within the library.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Ability to follow instructions, work within a team and respond to management direction.
2. Ability to learn internal ILS and external software as needed.
3. Flexibility to adjust work schedules as needed.
Education and/or Other Requirements:
- 16 years old or older.
- Work or volunteer experience within a library setting or customer driven position is preferred.
- Successfully passing the library’s pre-employment shelving test.
1. Frequently required to see, walk, sit, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
2. Physical dexterity to reach shelves of various heights, push full carts and lift heavy materials (up to 40 pounds on average) during a work shift.
3. Ability to read and communicate in English fluently.
4. Dexterity to perform data entry on a computer, laptop, iPad or other electronic device.
5. Visual acuity sufficient to read fine print and numbers in 8 point font.
Note: This job description describes a general category of jobs. In order to meet the needs of the Barrington Area Library or its departments, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time.
The Barrington Area Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Library will review a reasonable request for accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
It liquid cialis which it is comfortable to sidekick to brushstroke one of views of bread and to laugh in conjunction at bad idea. Everything is solved on the place and to grasp in how exactly not difficult. Just think.