- October 11, 2011
Thursday, December 1, 2011 - The Barrington Area Library is proud to introduce its new catalog and online account system. User-friendly and feature-rich, this updated catalog will make your library experience better than ever.
Thank you for your patience during this transition. Your suggestions and requests helped us to choose the new online catalog and we think you'll be delighted by the change. Please be aware that phone renewal is not working at this time, but should return next week. We expect to have Interlibrary Loan back in place before the end of December.
Here are just a few of the features you will find in the new catalog:
- Search by relevance to get more precise results;
- Save a record of all the items you borrow, if you'd like;
- Save your frequent searches (a favorite novelist, genre or hobby), then get email notification when new items that fit your search arrive;
- Narrow your search by format (like book or DVD);
- Receive "Did you mean...?" spellcheck assistance and automated suggestions while you type;
- Share what you find on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks;
- Text call numbers to your phone - no more digging for scrap paper!
- Interlibrary Loan is integrated right into the catalog (coming later this month);
- Save lists you create, and a lot more.
Ready to try the new catalog? Click here and have fun.
Have questions? Just ask! We look forward to providing even better service to you via our new catalog. Thanks for your continued patience as we learn the new system together.
location and hours
505 N. Northwest Highway, Barrington, IL 60010
Mon-Fri: 9 am - 9 pm
Sat: 9 am - 5 pm
Sun: 1 pm - 5pm
Circulation (Renewals and account info)