Job opportunities at the library
Head of Operations
The Barrington Area Library is actively recruiting for a full-time Head of Operations. This key position will lead three departments: Customer Service, Material Services, and Building Services.
A successful Head of Operations will:
1. Provide short and long term operational project management.
2. Actively seek out, develop, and recommend operational goals, service policies, and service enhancements that correlate with the library’s mission.
3. Serve as a member of the library’s management team, acting as a liaison between Operations and other departments, and as the Person-in-Charge in the absence of the Executive Director.
4. Oversee three departments, the library’s external branch and remote service locations.
5. Interpret and enforce library policies and procedures to public and staff.
6. Manage statistical data, trends, and reports.
This position requires a candidate who is:
To learn more about this job opportunity, please read the full job description. If you have an MLIS degree and meet all other requirements, submit a cover letter, resume, and the PDF application to email@example.com for consideration.
This position has a standard Monday-Friday work week. However, scheduling flexibility is required to meet the needs of the library. The salary range is $65,995.00 - $99,012.00 and is FLSA Exempt status. This position includes mandatory participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Pension Plan (IMRF), and vacation, sick and holiday benefits. Medical, dental, and life insurance is offered, with some plans at no cost to the employee.
About Us: Our recently renovated, 21st century library is a busy, friendly place that supports lifelong, active learning, and an appreciation for creativity and innovation. Customers of all ages and interests visit our library, expecting to find excellent and informed service, and state of the art spaces for private work and group collaboration. The Head of Operations plays an important role in maintaining the library’s highest standard of excellence.
Adult Services Local History Volunteers
Several volunteers are needed to help with scanning and making historical photos and documents available on our Web site and in the library. Days and hours are flexible - however, a commitment to a mutually agreeable schedule will be expected through the duration of the project.
Duties may include any of the following - on your application ("Additional Skills" section), please tell us if you have experience with any of these tasks (we can train you on less-familiar skills):
• Digitize our microfilm of the Barrington Courier Review. Digitally capture images and edit them as needed. Photo editing skills a plus!
• Scan and index historical documents
Photo Editing/Sound Editing Skills:
• Using digital cameras to capture images
• Using photo editing software
• Using Flickr to upload, edit and tag photos
• Using Garage Band to record narration
Interested? Download the PDF application, complete and save it to your computer, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the project that interests you (below) or the skills that you can contribute.