- January 08, 2013
Barrington's high quality lifestyle magazine, Quintessential Barrington, has featured the Barrington Area Library's One Book One Barrington initiative as its cover story for the January-February 2013 issue. Read about how the library is partnering with District 220 and the PTO President's Council, along with many area businesses and organizations, to make the 2013 One Book One Barrington bigger, better and more exciting than ever before.
In an additional story, Quintessential Barrington introduces you to our Business Services Librarian, Emily Kornak, and the many programs, online services and workshops the library offers to local businesses, entrepreneurs and job seekers.
We thank Quintessential Barrington for helping us to spread the word about all that the library provides to our community. Learn more about this unique, locally focused magazine by visiting their Web site: http://www.qbarrington.com
- November 02, 2012
Poetry Contest for Teens
Entries accepted from Nov 1 – Nov 30
Teens in grades 9-12 who love to express themselves through poetry are invited to submit poems for a contest sponsored by the Barrington Area Library.
Write a poem of 30 lines or less to be considered for the VOYA Teen Poetry Contest. (What's VOYA? See their Web site.) We’ll share all entries on our Facebook page. Then, we’ll choose the top three poems to send on to the national competition. A Barrington area teen was a winner just a few years ago - maybe this is your year!
Email your poem, name, age and town to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Nov 30.
- September 27, 2012
Head of Youth Services Ryann Uden, Sales and Leasing Consultant Chelsea Amato, Sales Consultant Steve Clements and Public Information Manager Karen McBride.
Thank you everyone who clicked and "liked" the Facebook page for Motor Werks of Barrington! The team from Motor Werks dropped by this afternoon to present us with a check for $120 and a delicious cake to share with our staff, to thank us for spreading the word about their Facebook page and the great information found there. The donation will be used to fund something FUN for Barrington Area children. Thanks again!
Motor Werks of Barrington, the luxury auto dealer, has reached out to us with a unique challenge: for every "like" Motor Werks gets on their official Facebook page, they will donate $1.00 to the library (up to $500)! Couldn't be easier or more painless, and you'll also learn more about this terrific local business. There's no catch, but there is a deadline, so click that "like" button by October 2, 2012. We'll make an announcement on October 2 of how we did when our friends at Motor Werks of Barrington present us with the donation.
What will we do with the donation? The funds will be used by our Youth Services department to do something special for Barrington area kids. So it's a win-win, in our opinion! Thanks in advance for your help.
- September 14, 2012
The Barrington Area Library is proud to unveil a new way for library users to search for books, movies and music and manage their accounts: the Owl iLibrary app for iPhone, iPad and Android! The free app is available for download from the Apple iTunes Store and Google Play Store. Library patrons will love the fast browsing and convenient account access, along with the elegant, clean design of the app.
How to install and use the Owl iLibrary app:
2) Search for Owl iLibrary (or use the links above - they will take you directly to the app)
3) Install the app
4) Search for "Barrington Library" in the list of libraries
5) Once you've selected "Barrington Library," click the button to log into your account
6) Done! Now you can browse our collections, place holds, renew items - everything you can do in our regular catalog.
The new Barrington Area Library app - just another way we're making your library available EVERYWHERE!
- August 22, 2012
We hope you enjoy receiving the library's quarterly newsletter, Check It Out. Beginning with our December 2012 issue, you may choose to receive the newsletter in one of two ways:
1) Via email in a very readable, interactive flipbook format (PDF) (See a sample below)
2) Via postal service
To choose the way you want to receive our newsletter, visit our Web site at balibrary.org/newsletter.
Fill in the online form you find there. If requesting the email newsletter, you need only fill in your name and email address. If requesting postal delivery, you need only fill in your name and full mailing address (without email). Rest assured, your mailing address and email address will not be sold or given away to a third party. Even if you receive our weekly e-news, let us know if you would like to receive Check It Out as well.
These changes are meant to give library users a variety of options in how they receive information from us, while also being more environmentally and fiscally sound.
Sample of the new e-mail Check It Out:
Sliding controls for enlarging the view are at the top of the full-screen view.
Thanks. Any questions? Stop by or email us at email@example.com.
Need to cancel or change your mailing preferences? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barrington Area United Way Round Up Arrives at the Library
- Barrington Area Library Trustee Richard J. Ryan Receives Honorary Citation
- El día de los niños, el día de los libros
- Free and legal music downloads are here
- All lockers and book returns back in service
- Barrington Area Library Trustees vote to move forward with renovation plan
- Author Stacy Cordery
- Congratulations, Kindergarten Reading Club
- Barrington Area Library Trustees Consider Renovation Plan
- BASV "Express Yourself" Exhibit and Book Signing, January 2012
- Read About Our New Online Catalog
- Barrington Area Library Celebrates Another Successful "One Book One Barrington" Community Reading Event
- Barrington Area Library Partners With Local Businesses for National Library Card Sign-Up Month
- Barrington Area Library Hits The Refresh Button With Help From Design Student
- South Branch Reopens, Willow Recreation Center Lockers Back In Service
- Barrington Area Library One of 17 Libraries in Illinois Recognized for Exceptional Service
- After 25 Years, Barrington Area Library Board President Steps Down
- Barrington Area Library Hits One Million Mark For First Time
- Black Tie by Bruno Vanoudenhove: Art Exhibit of Chicago and Barrington Landmarks
- "Expressions Through Art" Exhibit at Barrington Area Library Spotlights Autism
location and hours
505 N. Northwest Highway, Barrington, IL 60010
Mon-Fri: 9 am - 9 pm
Sat: 9 am - 5 pm
Sun: 1 pm - 5pm
Circulation (Renewals and account info)