- March 07, 2013
The Barrington Area Library will be upgrading its online library system on Wednesday, March 20, 2013. This means most of the library's online services will be unavailable on that day, beginning in the early morning hours. This includes:
- Searching the library catalog for items, including interlibrary loan items;
- Viewing your account for holds, fines, items checked out or coming due:
- Renewing items;
- Paying fines and fees online:
- Downloading items from e-book, audiobook, music and magazine services.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Our staff will be on hand that day to provide research and account assistance to you in every way possible. The upgrade to our system will help us to provide even better service in the future. Note: because our e-book services will not be available, the Tablet Drop-In help session scheduled for March 20, 2013 has also been cancelled.
- February 12, 2013
We congratulate another year of outstanding Kindergarten Reading Club readers! In the 2012-2013 Kindergarten Club, 65 children participated, reading 3,797 books - wow! We are especially proud of our Kindergarten Reading Club champions, each of whom tackled 100 books in just 5 months! Here are their custom-made READ posters (click for a full size image) - you can also see them on display in the library's Youth Services department on the second floor. Congratulations to all the Kindergarten Reading Club members - keep on reading!
- January 08, 2013
Barrington's high quality lifestyle magazine, Quintessential Barrington, has featured the Barrington Area Library's One Book One Barrington initiative as its cover story for the January-February 2013 issue. Read about how the library is partnering with District 220 and the PTO President's Council, along with many area businesses and organizations, to make the 2013 One Book One Barrington bigger, better and more exciting than ever before.
In an additional story, Quintessential Barrington introduces you to our Business Services Librarian, Emily Kornak, and the many programs, online services and workshops the library offers to local businesses, entrepreneurs and job seekers.
We thank Quintessential Barrington for helping us to spread the word about all that the library provides to our community. Learn more about this unique, locally focused magazine by visiting their Web site: http://www.qbarrington.com
- November 02, 2012
Poetry Contest for Teens
Entries accepted from Nov 1 – Nov 30
Teens in grades 9-12 who love to express themselves through poetry are invited to submit poems for a contest sponsored by the Barrington Area Library.
Write a poem of 30 lines or less to be considered for the VOYA Teen Poetry Contest. (What's VOYA? See their Web site.) We’ll share all entries on our Facebook page. Then, we’ll choose the top three poems to send on to the national competition. A Barrington area teen was a winner just a few years ago - maybe this is your year!
Email your poem, name, age and town to email@example.com by Friday, Nov 30.
- September 27, 2012
Head of Youth Services Ryann Uden, Sales and Leasing Consultant Chelsea Amato, Sales Consultant Steve Clements and Public Information Manager Karen McBride.
Thank you everyone who clicked and "liked" the Facebook page for Motor Werks of Barrington! The team from Motor Werks dropped by this afternoon to present us with a check for $120 and a delicious cake to share with our staff, to thank us for spreading the word about their Facebook page and the great information found there. The donation will be used to fund something FUN for Barrington Area children. Thanks again!
Motor Werks of Barrington, the luxury auto dealer, has reached out to us with a unique challenge: for every "like" Motor Werks gets on their official Facebook page, they will donate $1.00 to the library (up to $500)! Couldn't be easier or more painless, and you'll also learn more about this terrific local business. There's no catch, but there is a deadline, so click that "like" button by October 2, 2012. We'll make an announcement on October 2 of how we did when our friends at Motor Werks of Barrington present us with the donation.
What will we do with the donation? The funds will be used by our Youth Services department to do something special for Barrington area kids. So it's a win-win, in our opinion! Thanks in advance for your help.
- Barrington Area Library introduces new library app
- Keep in touch - newsletter changes
- Barrington Area United Way Round Up Arrives at the Library
- Barrington Area Library Trustee Richard J. Ryan Receives Honorary Citation
- El día de los niños, el día de los libros
- Free and legal music downloads are here
- All lockers and book returns back in service
- Barrington Area Library Trustees vote to move forward with renovation plan
- Author Stacy Cordery
- Congratulations, Kindergarten Reading Club
- Barrington Area Library Trustees Consider Renovation Plan
- BASV "Express Yourself" Exhibit and Book Signing, January 2012
- Read About Our New Online Catalog
- Barrington Area Library Celebrates Another Successful "One Book One Barrington" Community Reading Event
- Barrington Area Library Partners With Local Businesses for National Library Card Sign-Up Month
- Barrington Area Library Hits The Refresh Button With Help From Design Student
- South Branch Reopens, Willow Recreation Center Lockers Back In Service
- Barrington Area Library One of 17 Libraries in Illinois Recognized for Exceptional Service
- After 25 Years, Barrington Area Library Board President Steps Down
- Barrington Area Library Hits One Million Mark For First Time
location and hours
505 N. Northwest Highway, Barrington, IL 60010
Mon-Fri: 9 am - 9 pm
Sat: 9 am - 5 pm
Sun: 1 pm - 5pm
Circulation (Renewals and account info)